How to style over the knee boots for Autumn
There’s nothing nicer in unpredictable weather than having something in your wardrobe that works whether it’s gales or showers, rain or shine. That something is the over-knee boot. What makes it so perfect? Well…
Over knee boots come in a vast range of styles, wedge, flat or heels, suede, leather or fabric, there are even over knee boots just designed for nightwear.
- The effect you obtain from an oversized jumper and a pair of over-the-knee suede boots is so cute that it makes for a perfect outfit with no effort.
- Your summer outfits get a new lease of life with a pair of over knee boots to make a stunning look by combining over the knee boots with short shorts and fishnet tights.
- All black outfits get some extra oomph. We all love monochromatic style, right? It looks so … stylish. What makes an all-black outfit sing is giving it some drama - which she does by choosing Puss in Boots styled over-the-knee footwear to really work her shapely curves
Making the over knee boot look work for you
- Over knee boots work especially well when married to hip-hugging jackets - they give a great silhouette and look more grown-up than ankle boots, so use this look for Sunday brunches and walks in town when you want to look a little more sophisticated.
- Mini skirt style. This garment is an obvious natural with over knee boots, and if you have a skirt with a side or back slit, a pair of patterned tights can make for an enticing flash of colour that highlights your legs without being too revealing
- Jean Genius - skinny jeans and over knee boots are a partnership made in fashion heaven. Styled up with a lush cashmere sweater or down with a simply stripy T-shirt or rugby shirt, this is a look that always works.
Fashion trends in over knee boots
This year the over knee boot is definitely evening wear. Lily Lulu has you covered with these lace up stiletto over knee boots. They make you party perfect from head to toe! Suede is a perennial autumn favourite and this year we’re seeing a lot of grey boots, from the palest stone through to intense charcoal, which is great to pair with strong colours like burgundy, red or emerald in your autumn winter wardrobe.
Given how many different ways there are to wear over-the-knee-boots, Lily Lulu is bound to have just the right pair for you.